This post was written by Anil Agawral of Bloggers Passion.
Do you know the #1 struggle for most bloggers?
Lack of traffic to their sites. Yes, that’s true.
And I get a ton of emails from people saying “I’m not getting any visitors to my sites”, “my biggest problem is increasing my blog’s traffic” etc. I know how frustrating it is for anyone to continue blogging if they are not seeing any growth in their traffic.
That’s why I came up with these 5 incredible ideas that work like blog traffic magnets to supercharge your blog’s overall traffic.
Are you curious to find them out? Let’s jump into the details then.
5 Ways to Supercharge Your Blog’s Traffic Quickly
#1. Practice LSI over keyword stuffing
LSI means Latent Semantic Indexing. In simple terms it means, using synonyms for your primary keywords.
Most people think by repeating the same keywords again and again in their articles, they can get better rankings in Google. But it’s NOT true. In fact, Google penalizes the sites that do keyword stuffing.
Then what else can you do to improve your rankings? Start practicing LSI while creating content.
Here’s a simple example that differentiates between keyword stuffing and LSI.
Keyword stuffing looks like this:
If you want to get better Yoga, join Yoga classes. By joining Yoga classes, you will learn a lot of Yoga poses which can help you get better shape. So make sure to join Yoga classes to live a healthy lifestyle.
Did you see that the main keyword “join Yoga classes” is mentioned 3 times in the above paragraph? Instead of doing keyword stuffing like that, you can do LSI.
LSI looks like this:
If you want to live a healthy lifestyle, first and foremost find and join better yoga classes. Learn more about Yoga by practicing it daily. You can also find online classes for Yoga if you want to do it at your home. There are few courses for Yoga also available so Yoga isn’t a costly stuff.
See that? I didn’t mention the same primary keyword again. Instead I’ve used relevant keywords (that’s called LSI - Latent Semantic Indexing) to make that content look natural. And Google loves LSI pages and gives top search results.
Here’s a simple example of how it usually works:
Hope you understand the importance of using LSI keywords. So next time, when you are creating content for your sites, start using LSI keywords to double your search engine traffic quickly.
If you are wondering how to find LSI keywords for your main targeted keyword, I have a simple tip for you. Use Google suggestions tool. Here’s a screenshot of it.
See that? For the search term “top paid actors”, Google instant suggestions tool is showing me the above results which you can easily use to bring more search traffic for related keywords.
You can also use keyword research tools like SEMrush, Long Tail Pro etc. to easily find hundreds of LSI keywords to quickly boost your overall search traffic and sales. Yes, these tools are premium but they are worth every single penny.
#2. Write Listicles
Listicles (list posts) are evergreen. They quickly bring massive traffic if they are really interesting and informative. List posts go viral on forums, social media sites and everywhere else. Because people love to skim through the articles and that’s the reason why list posts are always popular.
Here are few quick tips for you to write killer listicles that bring you more traffic.
- Write click worthy headlines: Did you know that 8 out of 10 people read your headlines first and then they decide whether or not to read your blog posts. That means even if you spend 5 hours creating a blog post and the headline is not attention grabbing, it won’t get any attention. It’s as simple that. You can use tools like Portent to come up with amazing headlines for your blog posts.
- Create massive list posts: When I say “write lists posts and you will get massive traffic”, I didn’t mean shorter list posts. I meant massive list posts like “50 tips to run faster”, “100 tips to live healthy lifestyle” etc. Only such kind of list posts usually go viral online. Yes, they will take a lot of time to create but they are worth your time.
- Analyze other top performing list posts: While creating list posts, make sure to analyze the top posts on your competitors sites. That way you can easily find out which topics to cover while creating listicles. You can use free tools like Buzzsumo to find the top performing blog posts on any site. Simply enter the domain and you will get a list of all the popular posts.
Quick Note: This huge post from Ahrefs is the perfect example of a massive list post (check it out here).
#3. Start Using the Skyscraper Technique
Brian Dean from Backlinko is the first person to coined the term “The Skyscraper Technique”.
It usually involves in 3 simple things.
- Find popular posts in your industry
- Create the BEST content around each post
- Promote it to the right people
Now, if you are wondering about how to do that, let me tell you briefly.
The second step is where you will start creating content around those popular blog post ideas. Spend a lot of time to make the BEST posts in your industry. Make them timeless and you will be on your way to getting a lot of attention from all over the blogging world.
The final step is to promote your top notch content to the right people. You can again use tools like SEMrush to find who’s sharing the popular posts in your industry. Simply ask them to either share or link to your newly created blog posts. If they find your content useful, you will get a lot of shares and backlinks within no time.
So that’s how the skyscraper technique works and it’s a highly recommended strategy for people who really wants to grow their search traffic, social shares and backlinks.
#4. Interview Experts in Your Niche
People usually talk about interviews. It doesn’t matter if you’re a beginner or an expert, doing frequent interviews with the influencers in your niche can send you a TON of visitors to your sites.
I know it’s not easy to get responses from busy people. It’s especially true when you have no prior online reputation. If you are wondering how to get a chance to interview with the top bloggers in your industry, I’ve few tips for you.
Here’s a solid 3 step strategy you can use to interview experts in your industry:
- Connect with them first: Build a list of influencers in your niche. Find and connect with them on Twitter. Join their email list and tell them how much you like their content or products.
- Engage with them consistently: Once you build a list of people to connect with, start engaging with them. You can tweet their stuff, share their posts on Facebook and frequently interact with them through email to grow your relationships.
- Ask: Once you are done engaging with them, simply ask them whether they are interested in doing interview for your audience. You can offer podcasts, videos or simply textual format interviews to match both of your audience. Once they say yes, prepare what questions to ask and publish them once they are ready.
Make sure to ask them to share your interview link with their audience once it goes live. This alone can result in getting a ton of visitors to your site within a day or two.
#5. Conduct a Site Audit
Let me tell you a secret that most SEO experts use to grow their search traffic really quickly.
They conduct frequent site audits to find and fix their website issues. Sounds interesting, right?
Most people find new ways to boost their traffic but you should first find and rectify the SEO related issues that your site already have to double your traffic within a month.
Doing a site audit can give you so many advantages such as;
- Finding and fixing your site issues
- Increasing your overall search trafficIncreasing your sales
- Increasing your website speed, on page SEO factors and so on
If you are wondering how to perform an audit of your sites, I’ve a simple tip for you.
Use tools like SEMrush.
There are also many free site audit tools available online to quickly find and fix your site issues but I found SEMrush more useful. So it’s your turn to find and fix your site issues by doing a site audit. Also make sure to have a top hosting service to increase your website speed, after all, that’s what matters most to gain better rankings.
Bonus tip: Repurpose Your Content
Most bloggers either create videos, podcasts or mostly textual form of content. If you are looking for smart ways to get the most out of your content then I've a simple tip for you: repurpose your content.
For instance, if an article or video is doing well on your blog, you can repurpose it into either a podcast, eBook, Infographic etc.
That way you can find new audience from various platforms. That's how people like Pat Flynn built a million dollar online businesses: they are everywhere. They do videos, podcasts, Infographics along with the textual form of content.
Repurposing content is extremely easy because you already know which are performing well in your blog so you don’t have to brainstorm ideas. It saves both time and energy and gives you a lot of attention from all over the blogging world.
Here are few effective ways to repurpose your blog's content:
- Social media (you can turn your posts into images or memes and use them on social media sites to get more attention)
- Videos (videos usually perform well on YouTube giving you new audience)
- Infographics (these are best for attracting more backlinks)
- Document sharing sites (you can turn your content into eBooks and upload them on free document sharing sites like Scribd, DocStoc etc to grab more email subscribers and visitors)
- Podcasts (these are becoming insanely popular these days)
- Presentations (you can turn your content into slides and upload on popular sites like Prezi, SlideShare etc)
- Newsletters (you can also use your blog posts as newsletters)
The above image from the AWeber blog sums up the things about various content channels you can use to repurpose your content.
Final thoughts about using blog traffic magnets
Everyone wants more sales. But without getting more traffic, you will struggle to boost your sales. That’s the reason why you should give top priority to your website traffic sources. Your website speed, web hosting service, your content, traffic sources - all these things matter a lot.
By using the 5 powerful blog traffic magnets mentioned above, you can quickly double or even triple your overall blog’s traffic within a month. Just make sure to implement one after the other to get rewarding results.
So what do you think? Do you have any more traffic generation strategies to supercharge your blog’s traffic? Let me know about them in the comments.